. POSITION IDENTIFICATION:
Position Title: Siding Installation Technician
Supervisor: Siding Field Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
B. POSITION SUMMARY:
- Installation Procedures
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations
- Other Duties as Assigned
C. DUTIES PERFORMED / AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Installation Procedures:
- Follow instructions from the Siding Installation Technician – Crew Foreman and learn all aspects of job duties on a continuous basis.
- Installation of siding and all relative material to complete job, according to company-wide procedures and practices.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork, including but not limited to, field reports, Time & Material sheets, inventory deducts, completion certificates and timecards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations:
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain a clean jobsite at all times, pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards, while ensuring that the homeowner’s property is not being damaged.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
3. Other Duties as Assigned
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned or needed.
- Attendance is essential to perform necessary functions for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of power tools and equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in carpentry/finish trade.
- Equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Manual Skills: Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding.Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Supervision Received:
- Reporting to the Siding Installation Technician – Crew Foreman who sets goals, objectives, and strategies for job completion. As position is fieldwork orientated, supervision would come through training and guidance directly from Crew Leader and Siding Field Manager.
- Supervision Given:
- Responsible to provide feedback on unsafe or unethical practices to management.
- Cash Responsibility:
- Responsibility for timely and accurate management and reporting of expenses related to work assignments.
- The responsibility for the safeguarding and non-disclosure of all proprietary information. Any information that is pertinent to personal work aspects such as salaries, promotions, etc., is confidential and individually proprietary.
- Responsibility is primarily in the field working with crew, customers, and suppliers. It is your use of tact and judgment that is helpful when working with these individuals both directly and indirectly in the field by way of giving professional advice/guidance which is a normal requirement for this position.
- Job Pressure/Pace:
- Requires a tremendous amount of personal energy, physical strength, people contact, so pressures exist.
- Time Spent Sitting and Standing/Work Conditions:
- 80% time standing (physical labor) and 20% driving and sitting.
- Varies between sitting and standing depending on schedule and job.