Position Title: Roofing Project Manager
Supervisor: Roofing Field Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
- POSITION SUMMARY:
- Removal and Installation of Asphalt & Metal Roofs
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations
- Supervise/Train Asphalt Roofing Sub-Contractors
- Other Duties as Assigned
. DUTIES PERFORMED / AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Removal and Installation of Asphalt & Metal Roofs:
- Perform all related tasks to remove and/or install asphalt & metal roofs to complete job according to work orders/contract.
- Responsible for reviewing all work orders before arriving to the job-site and problem solve any questions/concerns with supervisor using a pre-determined checklist to ensure that all areas are covered.
- Load all required materials for tear-off and asphalt/metal roof installation into company-owned vehicles, if applicable.
- Inspections of all tools and equipment to ensure that all are in good working order to be able to perform all tasks according to the details of the job.
- Placement of all building permits before any work will begin.
- Take daily inventory of all accessories and relay any needed materials to your supervisor to obtain and/or purchase along with an estimated completion date.
- Responsible to keep track of any extra work required on the job that was not in contract due to rot repair, etc.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork, including but not limited to, field reports, Time & Material sheets, completion certificates and timecards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform the final walk-thru with the homeowner and obtain the final payment and provide to accounting for recording purposes.
- Assist the homeowner after job has been completed with product knowledge and/or procedures for proper maintenance and usage, if applicable.
- Responsible for informing managers of any needed tools or equipment to complete the job and any issues with the crew/sub-contractors that might arise.
- Take before and after pictures of each job for all related tasks performed.
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations:
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for keeping company-owned vehicles clean and free of any safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean job-site at all times, pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards, while ensuring that the homeowner’s property is not being damaged.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
- Supervise/Train Asphalt Roofing Sub-Contractors:
- Responsible for all training and coaching of the Asphalt Roofing Sub-Contractors in all aspects of job duties before and during all projects.
- Responsible for supervising all sub-contractor crew members on proper construction practices and procedures and providing work week expectations.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor crew members are adhering to all safety regulations and report any job-related injuries to the main office as they happen and seek proper medical attention if needed.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned or needed.
- Attendance is essential to perform necessary functions for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of power tools and equipment.
- Spanish speaking, desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in roofing industry.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Manual Skills:
- Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Supervision Received:
- Reporting to the Roofing Field Manager who sets goals, objectives, and strategies for job completion. As position is fieldwork orientated, supervision would come through telephone communication, regular field visits with supervisor, attendance/work at meetings and through written communication. Project Manager will also work direct and provide support.
- Supervision Given:
- Directly supervises Asphalt Roofing Sub-Contractors.
- Responsible to provide feedback on unsafe or unethical practices to management.
- Cash Responsibility:
- Responsibility for timely and accurate management and reporting of expenses related to work assignments.
- Collections of payments are to be promptly provided to the Accounting Department to ensure proper record keeping and timely A/R action.
- The responsibility for the safeguarding and non-disclosure of all proprietary information. Any information that is pertinent to personal work aspects such as salaries, promotions, etc., is confidential and individually proprietary.
- Responsibility is primarily in the field working with sub-contractors’ crew, customers, and suppliers. It is your use of tact and judgment that is helpful when working with these individuals both directly and indirectly in the field by way of giving professional advice/guidance which is a normal requirement for this position.
- Job Pressure/Pace:
- Requires a tremendous amount of personal energy, physical strength, people contact, supervisory and management skills, so pressures exist.
- Time Spent Sitting and Standing/Work Conditions:
- 80% time standing (physical labor) and 20% driving and sitting.
- Varies between sitting and standing depending on schedule and job.
Please fill out our online application below or come in and fill out an application in person at Lindus Construction, 879 Highway 63, Baldwin, WI. Applications are being accepted until position(s) are filled. NO PHONE CALLS.
Lindus Construction, Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs.
Lindus Construction Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is a drug-free workplace.