A. POSITION IDENTIFICATION:
Position Title: Lead Carpenter
Supervisor: Construction Project Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
B. POSITION SUMMARY:
- Carpentry/Construction Duties
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations
- Supervise/Train Construction Technicians
- Other Duties as Assigned
C. DUTIES PERFORMED / AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Carpentry/Construction Duties:
- Perform all related tasks to construct and complete job according to blueprints and/or work orders.
- Responsible for reviewing all work orders before arriving to the job-site and problem solve any questions/concerns.
- Placement of all building permits before any work will begin.
- Provide customer service to the customer while at the job-site by meeting with them and reviewing the job so they understand the contract and to answer any questions.
- Measure the job to ensure you have adequate materials at the job-site, which should already have been dropped off. If discrepancy in measurements or amounts provided, contact your supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all materials prior to starting the job and comparing the information to the packing slip and informing supervisor of any shortages or damage to materials.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork, including but not limited to, field reports, Time & Material sheets, lead forms, completion certificates and timecards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the homeowner after job has been completed with product knowledge and/or procedures for proper maintenance and usage, if applicable.
- Take before and after pictures of each job for all related tasks performed.
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations:
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for keeping company-owned vehicles clean and free of any safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean job-site at all times, pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards, while ensuring that the homeowner’s property is not being damaged.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
3. Supervise/Train Construction Technicians:
- Responsible for all training and coaching of carpenters in all aspects of job duties before and during all projects.
- Responsible for supervising all crew members on proper construction practices and procedures.
- Ensure that all crew members are adhering to all safety regulations and report any job-related injuries to the main office as they happen and seek proper medical attention if needed.
4. Other Duties as Assigned
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned or needed.
- Attendance is essential to perform necessary functions for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of power tools and equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in carpentry/finish trade.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Manual Skills: Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding. Ability to read blueprint/takeoff diagrams and perform precise measurements. Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Supervision Received:
- Reporting to the Construction Project Manager who sets goals, objectives, and strategies for job completion. As position is fieldwork orientated, supervision would come through telephone communication, regular field visits with supervisor, attendance/work at meetings and through written communication.
- Supervision Given:
- Directly supervises Carpenters.
- Responsible to provide feedback on unsafe or unethical practices to management.
- Cash Responsibility:
- Responsibility for timely and accurate management and reporting of expenses related to work assignments.
- Collections of payments are to be promptly provided to the Accounting Department to ensure proper record keeping and timely A/R action, if applicable.
- The responsibility for the safeguarding and non-disclosure of all proprietary information. Any information that is pertinent to personal work aspects such as salaries, promotions, etc., is confidential and individually proprietary.
- Responsibility is primarily in the field working with crew, customers, and suppliers. It is your use of tact and judgment that is helpful when working with these individuals both directly and indirectly in the field by way of giving professional advice/guidance which is a normal requirement for this position.
- Job Pressure/Pace:
- Requires a tremendous amount of personal energy, physical strength, people contact, supervisory and management skills, so pressures exist.
- Time Spent Sitting and Standing/Work Conditions:
- 80% time standing (physical labor) and 20% driving and sitting.
- Varies between sitting and standing depending on schedule and job.
Please fill out our online application below or come in and fill out an application in person at Lindus Construction, 879 Highway 63, Baldwin, WI. Applications are being accepted until position(s) are filled. NO PHONE CALLS.
Lindus Construction, Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs.
Lindus Construction Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is a drug-free workplace.