Reporting to: Construction Project Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Transportation: Company Vehicle & Gas Provided
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Removal of existing drywall, if needed, using necessary tools and discard appropriately in provided trash receptacle
- Apply drywall to walls and/or ceilings to specified measurements by sawing, drilling or cutting holes in panels for electrical units, air conditioning units, plumbing and etc.
- Prepare drywall for painting by taping, mudding, priming all seams and sanding all surfaces, making sure to smooth out any imperfections for a clean finished look
- Apply as many needed coats as needed, sanding area after each coat
- Preparing surface for painting techniques, which may include removal of old paint, filling holes and washing walls
- Repair divots and holes by applying putty, plaster or caulk
- Apply primer and paint at appropriate spread rate and temperature to ensure best results
- Using necessary tools to apply paint according to job specifications
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for keeping company-owned vehicles clean and free of any safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean job-site at all times, pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards, while ensuring that the homeowner’s property is not being damaged.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in drywall and painting applications, texturing a plus.
- Working knowledge of construction tools/equipment.
- Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding.
- Ability to read blueprints/takeoff diagrams and perform precise measurements.
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds, includes overhead, on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to safely, legally and consistently operate an automobile for traveling.
Please fill out our online application below or come in and fill out an application in person at Lindus Construction, 879 Highway 63, Baldwin, WI. Applications are being accepted until position(s) are filled. NO PHONE CALLS.
Lindus Construction, Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs.