Reporting to: Construction Project Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Transportation: Company Vehicle & Gas Provided
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Removal of existing drywall, if needed, using necessary tools and discard appropriately in provided trash receptacle
- Apply drywall to walls and/or ceilings to specified measurements by sawing, drilling or cutting holes in panels for electrical units, air conditioning units, plumbing and etc.
- Prepare drywall for painting by taping, mudding, priming all seams and sanding all surfaces, making sure to smooth out any imperfections for a clean finished look
- Apply as many needed coats as needed, sanding area after each coat
- Preparing surface for painting techniques, which may include removal of old paint, filling holes and washing walls
- Repair divots and holes by applying putty, plaster or caulk
- Apply primer and paint at appropriate spread rate and temperature to ensure best results
- Using necessary tools to apply paint according to job specifications
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for keeping company-owned vehicles clean and free of any safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean job-site at all times, pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards, while ensuring that the homeowner’s property is not being damaged.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in drywall and painting applications, texturing a plus.
- Working knowledge of construction tools/equipment.
- Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding.
- Ability to read blueprints/takeoff diagrams and perform precise measurements.
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds, includes overhead, on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to safely, legally and consistently operate an automobile for traveling.
Why Lindus Construction?
Lindus Construction is a top Twin Cities’ area full-service home improvement company founded by Kevin and Emily Lindus in 1979. Today we are more than 150 strong and looking for new members to join our award-winning, technology-driven team.
When you work at Lindus, it’s not just a job, it’s the opportunity to build a career with a family-owned company that believes its most valuable assets drive out of the parking lot every day. You see it in the employees, many of whom have been with Lindus Construction for 10, 20, even 30 years. Current retention rate is 74%.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and highly competitive pay based on experience. Don’t have any experience? That’s ok. We are always training individuals with the willingness to learn and passion to excel. Through our specialized tiered training system, Lindus employees learn from experienced members how to fine tune their skills and add to their capabilities. It’s not uncommon for a Lindus employee to start as an installer and move all the way up to managing their own team.
Lindus Construction has built a reputation not only in the Twin Cities and Midwest as a top construction company, but also nationwide having received the following honors:
GAF Roofer of the Year
Professional Remodeler Magazine’s Remodeler of the Year.
Professional Remodeler Magazine’s 40 Under 40 for four members of the Lindus Team
Named Builder of the Year by the WI Builders Association
Lindus offers outstanding benefits to full-time employees including:
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match with Personal Financial Advisor
- Three Different Medical Plans With Health Savings Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Voluntary Life Insurance Plans for Employee, Spouse and Children
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection with LifeLock
- Vacation/Sick Plan (Paid Time Off) – For all Non-Sales Positions
- Paid Holidays – For all Non-Sales Positions
- Company-Provided Vehicle for Labor and Sales Positions
- Performance Reviews
- Safety Shoe and Safety Eyeglass Reimbursement
- Company Apparel
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Verizon Cell Phone Discount Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Plan & Training
- Two Full-Time Mechanics to Work on Personal Vehicles
- Several Types of Leaves (Bereavement, FMLA, Voting, Military, Personal, W/C, etc.)
- Non-Harassment and Drug-Free Work Environment
- Tiered Training Program
- Monthly All-Company Meetings
- Paid Weekly With Direct Deposit
Come join our award-winning team and take the first step toward building your new career!
Please fill out our online application below or come in and fill out an application in person at Lindus Construction, 879 Highway 63, Baldwin, WI. Applications are being accepted until position(s) are filled. NO PHONE CALLS.
Lindus Construction, Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs.