A. POSITION IDENTIFICATION:
Position Title: Decking Installation Technician
Supervisor: Decking Field Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
- Installation and Removal Procedures
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations
Other Duties as Assigned
DUTIES PERFORMED / AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Installation and Removal Procedures:
- Follow instructions from Decking Installation Technician – Crew Leader and learn all aspects of job duties on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for installation of footings, decking, railing, framing, trim or hardware according to company-wide procedures and practices.
- Removal of old decking, railings and framing materials and dispose of properly and be able to repair or replace necessary rotten or damaged framing, siding, flashing or any adjoining material.
- Finish surfaces of footings, decking, railing, or skirting, requiring material to be shaped or cut to specified measurements.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork, including but not limited to, field reports, Time & Material sheets, inventory deducts, completion certificates and timecards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow Safety Rules & Regulations:
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
3. Other Duties as Assigned
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned or needed.
- Attendance is essential to perform necessary functions for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of power tools.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in carpentry/finish trade.
- Equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Manual Skills: Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding.Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Supervision Received:
- Reporting to the Decking Installation Technician – Crew Leader who sets goals, objectives, and strategies for job completion. As position is fieldwork orientated, supervision would come through training and guidance directly from Crew Leader and Decking Field Manager.
- Supervision Given:
- Responsible to provide feedback on unsafe or unethical practices to management.
- Cash Responsibility:
- Responsibility for timely and accurate management and reporting of expenses related to work assignments.
- The responsibility for the safeguarding and non-disclosure of all proprietary information. Any information that is pertinent to personal work aspects such as salaries, promotions, etc., is confidential and individually proprietary.
- Responsibility is primarily in the field working with crew, customers, and suppliers. It is your use of tact and judgment that is helpful when working with these individuals both directly and indirectly in the field by way of giving professional advice/guidance which is a normal requirement for this position.
- Job Pressure/Pace:
- Requires a tremendous amount of personal energy, physical strength, and people contact, so pressures exist.
- Time Spent Sitting and Standing/Work Conditions:
- 80% time standing (physical labor) and 20% driving and sitting.
- Varies between sitting and standing depending on schedule and job.