Position Title: Carpenter
Supervisor: Construction Project Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Follow instructions from lead carpenters and learn all aspect of the job duties on a continuous basis.
- Perform all related tasks to construct and complete job according to blueprints and/or work orders.
- Responsible for reviewing all work orders before arriving to the job-site and problem solve any questions/concerns.
- Placement of all building permits before any work will begin.
- Provide customer service to the customer while at the job-site by meeting with them and reviewing the job so they understand the contract and to answer any questions.
- Measure the job to ensure you have adequate materials at the job-site, which should already have been dropped off. If discrepancy in measurements or amounts provided, contact your supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all materials prior to starting the job and comparing the information to the packing slip and informing supervisor of any shortages or damage to materials.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork, including but not limited to, field reports, Time & Material sheets, lead forms, completion certificates and timecards in a timely and accurate manner.
Follow Safety Rules & Regulations:
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for keeping company-owned vehicles clean and free of any safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean job-site at all times, pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards, while ensuring that the homeowner’s property is not being damaged.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned or needed.